Covid Attendance Info
Welcome back to The Old Rectory Dental Practice.
We have lots of protocols, procedures and equipment in place to eliminate the risk of virus transmission.
We will be risk assessing and temperature checking staff at the start of each day and staff will be wearing enhanced Personal Protective Equipment for everyone’s safety.
Please do not be alarmed by our new appearance, our new summer collection is not very fashionable, but is very safe.
All of the additional measures we have put in place are to improve patient safety:
- Dentair Air Filtration units to purify the air within the surgery.
- Gel dispenser at the entrance to the practice.
- Staggered appointment bookings to ensure minimal contact with other patients.
- Appointment slots for vulnerable/shielded patients.
- Online Patient portal for completing forms
- Improved contactless payment options
In order to keep our environment safe an alteration to the usual attendance protocol will be required for all patients and visitors.
A sign will be at the front door.
“STRICTLY APPOINTMENT ONLY”
IF YOU HAVE AN ALLOCATED APPOINTMENT PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR CAR.
RECEPTION WILL CALL YOU THROUGH, OR PLEASE RING 01280847857 FOR AN APPOINTMENT.
The Old Rectory Dental Practice has no responsibility for the car park and possessions/items left within a vehicle.
Patient safety is of the utmost importance to the team at The Old Rectory Dental Practice.
Prior to your appointment with us at the Old Rectory Dental Practice we would politely ask patients to:
- Complete necessary forms sent prior to your appointment via a text message/email with a link attached.
- If for any reason it is not possible to complete forms over the phone or digitally, we have pens available that the patient can keep.
- Shower before the appointment
- Remove jewellery
- Use the toilet before leaving home
- Bring minimal belongings as these will have to be left in the car
- Only the patient and one essential carer will be permitted access to the practice
- Use the hand sanitiser provided in the entrance hall on arrival
- Follow social distancing protocol of 2 metres from reception
- Expect to have your temperature taken on arrival, this may need to be repeated if higher than normal limits to ensure within normal range. If a temperature remains high after several readings then it may be necessary to rearrange your appointment in line with Covid-19 Standard Operating Procedures
- Observe respiratory and cough hygiene
- We would ask patients to go straight home and change after the appointment if possible
- Be aware the dental team will be wearing a surgical face mask prior and during your appointment (including the reception staff)
- Understand that payments might be taken in advance of a planned procedure by email or phone (including sundries) to reduce cash handling
- Understand that payment might be taken after the appointment via email or phone if an unplanned procedure performed or from the terminal present within the surgery (consent would then be given in the surgery).
- For the safety of our patients and staff and the viability of the business, we have unfortunately had to temporarily add a small levy to the treatment costs to cover the significant measures we have had to put in place. This will be on the estimate and will not apply to Hygienist Appointments.
Many thanks for your understanding and kind Regards.